5 Amazing Spaces to Eat Out at near Glastonbury
Places to Eat
It is sometimes really nice to enjoy a meal in an amazing space full of soul and personality. Buildings that have been lovingly restored to create a space that brings everyone joy to visit. Here are my 5 favourite amazing spaces to Eat Out at near us here in Glastonbury.
- The Subhouse, Wells. You may be too distracted by the delicious food, great craft beers and fantastic atmosphere here to notice the quirky building you are dining in. It is an old electrical substation that the young owners spent several months converting to what may be one of the best American Smokehouse style restaurants in Somerset.
- The Square Edge Cafe, Wells. This little building tucked behind the market square in Wells used to be the eating room for prisoners next door in the Town Hall. The owners took over two years to convert this 18th-century building into their home and a quirky little cafe serving delicious food.
3. At The Chapel, Bruton is a Grade II Listed former chapel converted to a stunning restaurant in the little town of Bruton. They have a great bakery on the premises, so if you don’t feel like dining, you can always pick up some baked goods and have a picnic by the little river that runs through the village.
4. Roth Bar & Grill at the Hauser & Wirth, Bruton Also, in Bruton, you will find Durslade Farm, which has been converted to the most stunning art gallery and gardens. Inside you will find their restaurant which serves delicious food with a great atmosphere. You do have to book quite a bit in advance if you want to dine here, but you can walk around the gallery and gardens if you do not want to eat.
5. Ask Pizza. Ok, I know it is a chain but what they have done to one of the old market buildings in the centre of Wells is quite lovely. Sometimes a chain is all you can find open later at night and over holidays, so it has its place. They serve pretty good Italian food, so you won’t be disappointed if you decide to eat there to enjoy the building.