Around the big day itself, it can be great to take some time out of eating, drinking, and watching Christmas specials on the telly and get out and about during the time off from work and school. There is plenty to do in Somerset to get you off the sofa and top up your fresh air, culture, and education or fun levels this holiday.
Better still why not plan a pre-Christmas break here at Middlewick and book one of our Spa Packages to go alongside it.
Here are our Middlewick Top 10 things to do:
- Wells Christmas Market is Open from the 14th to the 21st of December with over 100 stalls of local traders offering gift ideas, food, and drink. Santa himself will be there to welcome you to Wells.
- Glastonbury Abbey is open every day including Christmas Day.
- Somerset Rural Life Museum has a great selection of activities for the whole family.
- Montacute House is running the Mystery of the Yuletide Feast from December 4th.
- A Winter Wonderland at Wookey Hole There is so much to do at Wookey Hole and being underground means it doesn’t matter if it’s cold outside.
- Visit Cheddar Gorge and Cheddar village. Did you know that Cheddar has a year-round Christmas shop?
- Longleat – perfect for a day out at any time of year and interesting to see the animal’s different behaviour in colder weather. There is also a big programme of festive events happening over the holidays.
- Woo-woo all aboard! it’s not the Polar Express but the West Somerset Railway with its illuminated Christmas train is a favourite of ours.
- The Bishops Palace, Wells – with Christmas lights and decorations, special events every weekend, and all the halls decked with festive finery.
- Chalice Well. A magical and spiritual place to visit at any time of year, you can find your inner peace for free on the 25th and 26th of December with free entry, or check out the other events happening around the solstice at this amazing place.